Monday 30 January 2012

The week of Horrifying Weather

The weather hasn't gotten better. It's really depressing. When we first got here on January 2nd that was the only day it rained up until this past Saturday and it's been raining and cold ever since. Every other day we've had since we've been here has been sunny and beautiful and as hot as 19 degrees. And that's been almost a whole month without rain or clouds. I've been wearing cardigans and light leather jackets and flats. But now I'm carrying around an umbrella. I posted a screenshot above of the comparison of the weather in Toronto from Antibes for the next couple days, and it's really not that different at all. Hopefully it gets better before my Mom gets here which is on February 10th because she's hoping for warm weather! And, obviously I've been telling her it's warm here, that's why she booked the flight. Oops!
Anyways, a recap of our wonderful weekend. We went to the NRJ Music Awards in Cannes and saw some celebs: David Guetta, Seal, Shakira and Justin Bieber. (And other French celebrities, I couldn't tell you who) It's weird because these kind of events happen on a regular basis in Toronto, but I never go to see them or to look at celebrities. I never go out during the Toronto International Film Festival, or lounge around Yorkville to run into the stars because back home I don't care. But for some reason when I'm here, I do. I'm so excited to go to the Cannes Film Festival in May. That's supposed to be the craziest time of year on the French Riviera and I can't wait.
Anyways, I'm off to Choopy's!

Bisous!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment