Saturday 7 January 2012

The Friendly French

I've been so surprised with how nice people are here so far. Not just the other exchange students, but the actual French people who live here. After our first finance class, a guy we met named Gautier offered to drive us home, which is about a twenty minute drive from the school and he and his friends were just so friendly and welcoming towards us. The people that we've met on the street have been so nice too, not at all the French kind of "snobby" attitude I was expecting here. Just yesterday after walking around the old part of Antibes, we were walking home and a group of three French people walked by us: a girl and two guys. They started saying something to us in French and we were just like "Oh sorry, no francais." But the girl ran after us and asked us in broken english: "Are you twins?" and we laughed and said no and she said, "Well you're very beautiful girls." It was so cute and she was so genuine. I can't imagine ever doing the same thing to someone in Toronto. Like, it just doesn't happen. I have never known a girl to run after other girls just to tell them they were beautiful.
It's so nice though, I love this adventure so far!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know the natives are friendly. Kaylee has been teaching me french. Go check out the market place in Antibes for me. Also keep an eye out for 2nd Hand and Antique shops for me Love you xooxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete