Monday 16 January 2012

Lockdown Sundays

I haven't had a lot of complaints since living in the French Riviera. I mean what's there to complain about? The weather has been gorgeous, the Mediterranean is an 8 minute walk from my front door and I've met some fantastic people to share my time with. But, the one complaint that I do have is the fact that everything is closed on Sundays. Literally everything. The grocery store, the coffeeshop, the kebab place around the corner that I like, the boutiques and drug stores. Everything. I don't understand what people do here on Sundays! Usually back home in Toronto I would do most of my errands on Sundays. I used to love going grocery shopping on Sundays, clothes shopping, shoe shopping and going for a cupcake at the Cupcake Shoppe near my house or going out for dinner with my friends. And, above all, the number one thing I miss most about Sundays in Toronto is just going to Starbucks to work on assignments and homework. I miss it so much. This past Sunday I figured I would have no problem going to Choopy's (the coffee shop mentioned a few posts ago) and wasting the afternoon away sipping tea and doing my Advanced Macroeconomics assignment. But no, I couldn't. It was closed, so I was stuck at my apartment doing homework :(
I guess I will have to plan better next weekend and do my homework on Friday or Saturday, but how fun is that? Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. That's the way Sundays always were Up until the late 80s early 90s. It was family time, church time, a day to rest. Now the beat goes on 24/7 it's not really that healthy. Learn to enjoy it. "and on the 7th day God rested" If He needs rest I'm sure we do. We used to go for a Sunday afternoon drive or walk. Love you! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete